Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

I agree with Sir Ken Robinson 100% I can remember being in school and just wanting someone to reach the side of me that did not want to sit in a desk all day but go outside and have class. We take children who are full of energy and do nothing to harvest the energy for good but tell them that they are bad because they will not sit for over 6 hours in a day. If we do not learn as teachers ways to think outside of the box and teach expression whether than rules, we teach our children to be boring adults so the suppress all that cries out in them to live.
I learn better when I am able to express the ideas and thoughts that fill my head. Whether right or wrong, I at least like the idea of trying and seeing what new fabulous way I can discover to do something. We should look closer and see what talents a child has and let them create from within, instead of medicating everyone who does not follow a certain grid for behavioral development. This short film has made a tremendous effect on my life. To know that there is someone who feels that it is ok to teach children the freedom of education while allowing the thoughts and feeling of the child to be groomed and developed to help them learn and grow is an awesome concept.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Wiki Be Trusted?

See You Later

Teachers teaching Teachers