Dear Kaia

A small soft brown kitten.
I was very moved by the story and love of a father for his daughter. The positive response was awesome and even though I can understand his concern for his daughter's safety, it seems that so far everyone who has shared in this experience has respected her and she was given courtesy with each response. I think this is wonderful for Kaia to have when she grows up, and can see and understand the international effect her life had on other students.


As much as I loved the blog I did not like the voice thread. I did not like the pauses in between each statement and I think for her being a little girl she would have followed a short video rather that the individual comments on the voice thread. Also the voices reminded me of the movies when someone has kidnapped a child and wants a ransom. I just did not feel warm and fuzzy like I felt as I read the blog.

Comments

  1. Actually, your analysis of our voicethread is interesting. My idea was for it to be like a book that Jabiz reads to Kaia. The pauses and changing of pictures were representative of flipping the page (in my mind anyway.)

    I can see how you might not like the video if it reminds you of child kidnappings!

    Mr. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Brigit. Thank you Mr. Chamberlain for your comments and advice to my students.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can Wiki Be Trusted?

See You Later

Teachers teaching Teachers